top of page

fingers crossed.

fingers crossed.

I have good news.

REALLY good news.

This just may work.

Before I tell you about the transfer, I first will tell you that yesterday morning I was beginning to feel nervous. Sweating bullets is more like it. What if we had only a few embryos make it to day 5 and they were not the best quality? Worst yet, what if none continued to grow? Would our success rate drop like the last time? Was something wrong with me? I began to realize that our first experience had traumatized me far more than I had imagined and that the waiting was starting to drive me a little crazy.

Of course, it did not help that I was supposed to get a call in the morning but did not receive it until 30 minutes prior to my appointment. Just blocks from the clinic, my phone rang. My heart picked up speed and I answered with reluctancy. Wow, how quickly that changed. On the other end of the line, a voice told me that 7 embryos made it to day 5. SEVEN!!! Suddenly, the weight was lifted from my shoulders.

This would NOT be like the last time.

So here’s the rundown. 4 of the 7 embryos were fantastic. The best that they could be. Our doctor said that because of my age and the quality of the embryos, he would only put two in and no more. He reminded me that my success rate was 60% and in the likely hood that I should become pregnant, there is a very high percentage that there could be twins. I say this because I am pretty convince that all my family and friends are cheering for multiples. God help us. :) But as my doctor also said, we are just hoping for one.

On top of this good news, I received a call today telling me that they were able to freeze 4 embryos. When we left the clinic yesterday, we thought only two would likely be frozen. Apparently, two more decided to stay in the game over night and grew to be very strong and viable embryos. It feels encouraging to know we may even have a backup plan. That is something Greg and I never even imagined. It is also nice to see that the good news keeps on coming. Lets hope I’m not being greedy.

I promise to keep you all posted. Next Thursday, December 13, I will go in at 8:00 and get my blood drawn. By the afternoon, I should know the results. Either way, I am tempted to book myself a day at the spa. Some relaxation may be nice before I find out what is in store for us.



Single Post: Blog_Single_Post_Widget
bottom of page